I love pickles, but when I tried this twist on the traditional “out of the jar” pickles I decided I wasn’t going back. This Quick Pickles Healthy Snack Recipe doesn’t take too long to make (outside of the parts where you’re waiting, but I’m sure you can find something productive to do during that time). They also end up with a really fresh taste.
These pickles can also be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks so you can make them ahead of time and snack on them all week long!
- 1 pound pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup onion cut into slivers
- 3 cloves garlic cut into slivers
- 1 tsp dill seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried dill (or 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped)
- Put the sliced cucumbers in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle them with salt and let them sit in there for about 20 minutes.
- While those are sitting you can prepare the liquid. Add everything besides the cucumbers and salt to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the cucumbers. Add them to a large heat resistant bowl.
- Pour the hot liquid over the cucumbers. Stir well.
- Refrigerate until at least room temperature (at least 10 minutes).
- Cover the extras with plastic wrap and they’ll last two weeks in the fridge.
Share with me what you think of this Quick Pickles Healthy Snack Recipe in the comments.
Meat and Zucchini Stuffed Peppers
Take 2 seconds to like or share this post and we’ll give you this delicious bonus recipe!
For even more delicious and healthy recipes for weight loss, Grab our Sexy Back Weight Loss Kick Starter Kit! You’ll get the Fat Crushers Healthy Cooking & Recipe Pack, which includes Fat Crushers Healthy Cooking Tips Book, Healthy Meals for A Week Recipe Book, and Tasty Green Smoothie Recipes.
Additionally, you’ll get extensive tools such as: the Fat Crushers Sexy Back Weight Loss Workout Video Series, the Daily Food & Fitness Journal, and the Worksheets to Track Your Weekly Weight Loss & to Calculate Your BMI. You’ll have everything you need to start and maintain your weight loss plan!
No Problem. We have a Sexy Back Weight Loss Kick Starter Kit Lite that has everything the full version has except for the Workout Video Series!
So choose which is best for you and get all the recipes, tips and tools today!