Soups can be a lifesaver for you when you’re trying to lose weight. You can create a delicious and flavorful soup without packing in the calories. They’re also a great way to fill up. A soup and salad lunch or dinner can be low calorie and still leave you feeling full until your next mealtime!
This soup is great because you get protein from chicken, the lemon adds a lot of flavor, and the orzo helps make it more filling. You’re also getting a healthy serving of vegetables.
· 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
· 1 medium white onion, chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
· 2 stalks of celery, chopped
· 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
· 2 lemons (zested and juiced)
· 1 bay leaf
· 3/4 cup orzo pasta
· 2 cups cooked chicken (either chopped chicken breast or shredded thighs)
· 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
· 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Grab your large soup pan and heat up the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté until everything starts to get tender. This should take about 4-7 minutes. Don’t let the onion or garlic burn!
3. Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables. Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
4. While you’re waiting for it to boil, add the lemon pepper and chicken to a small bowl and mix well so it’s evenly coated.
5. Add in the orzo and allow it to boil for about 7 minutes. Check to make sure the orzo is tender.
6. Toss in the seasoned chicken and cook for another five minutes.
7. Remove the soup from heat, take out the bay leaf, and stir in the parsley. Your soup is ready to enjoy!
Share with me what you think of this Low Calorie Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe in the comments.
Chocolate Coconut Banana Snacks
If you're not already a Fan or Follower of Fat Crushers, take 2 seconds to become a Fan or Follow Us and then Share this Post and we’ll give you this delicious bonus recipe!